How many books have I read this year ? I didn’t count , I didn’t keep track, but I can say much less compared to any other year !!. To give a rough estimate probably any number between 25 – 35 .
But certainly kept track of the books I loved :
1. Short Stories by Rabindranath Tagore
2. Unnamed by Joshua Ferris
3. Room by Emma Donnaghue
4. Imam’s Daughter by Hannah Shah
5. The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
6. Shiva’s Arms by Chreyll Snell
7. The Flat on Malabar Hill by Chitra Kallay
8. 28 : Stories of AIDS in Africa
9. Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
10. Slip Of The Knife by Denise Mina
11. Frankenstien by Mary Shelly
12. Tea With Hezbollah by Ted Dekker
13. 9 Dragons by Michael Connelly
14. Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton
I din’t complete any of my challenges , I abandoned all by April and I am not joining any challenge the coming year !! I am happy that way. I read less but I read a lot of quality books this year instead of rushing through memes and challenges..Those are not for me !
Goals for 2011 :
1. More personal choices
2. More international authors
3. Start making a list and reading Pulitzer Prize Winners
4. Atleast once a week reading my favorite blogs
I don’t think I will be blogging anymore this year. Plenty fun things ahead to do with the kids 🙂 . But will be back on the 3rd of January 2011.
Happy Holidays to you and yours from me and mine.